ATX11 Commentator Applications Closing Soon!
As you saw in CCP Gargant’s Dev blog, Alliance Tournament XII is due to hit your screens this August. The team here is all super excited to bring you another awesome tournament and we’ll be bringing you more info on the rules and tournament format in the next few weeks as we get ready to open signups for teams.
One aspect of the Alliance Tournament is already being decided: the player commentators that we fly out to Iceland to join us live on set for the last two weekends of live broadcasting. Giving truly diehard, committed players the ultimate trip to CCP HQ is one of my favourite things about EVE’s flagship tournament,. We take choosing these players very seriously and a large number of these players have gone on to work for CCP over the years.
Full details on this process are below, copied from CCP Gargant’s dev blog, but I want to bring one thing to your attention right now:
Signups for Alliance Tournament XII will close at midnight UTC on Sunday the 18th. That means you have just a few days left to apply to be a commentator!
Got your attention? Then read the details below:
As a commentator you'll be on the set discussing the tournament, tactics, teams and talking with developers about EVE live on air. You'll also take shifts in the commentary booth providing live commentary on the matches themselves. You need to know your internet spaceship PvP and you need to know how to keep on talking!
Alliance Tournament XII will take place over four consecutive weekends starting on Saturday, August 16th and ending with the grand finale on Sunday, September 7th. Flights (from all Icelandair destinations) and accommodations are supplied by us. All you need is a little spending money.
So you're interested? The next step is to check this short list and make sure you match what we're looking for!
- Can you come out and play? Selected players will need to hold a valid passport (we will require scans to confirm this at a later stage) and be available to fly to Iceland on Wednesday, August 27th and return home on Monday, September 8th.
- A sense of humor is a must: commentators will need to be sharp-witted, knowledgeable, presentable and comfortable with talking on camera and into a microphone. To increase your chances of getting through, we highly recommend submitting any pre-made or purpose filmed video you have of yourself (link to a YouTube clip or Twitch recording) as part of your application.
- You need to know your PvP: We don't despise industrialists, mission-runners and miners but as this is a PvP tournament and you need to be well versed.
- You must be 21+ in order to apply.
If you are interested in taking part, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 UTC (Eve Time) on Sunday May 18th, 2014 with the following information. Those lucky enough to be selected for the second round of eliminations must be available to attend voice chat interviews on Saturday, May 24th, 2014. The chosen commentators will be announced by June 11th, 2014.
- Character and real name.
- Date of birth.
- Nationality and current country of residence.
- Tell us about yourself, both in game and out. Remember what you're applying for and sell yourself to that effect.
- Confirm you are available between the 27th of August to 8th of September to fly to Iceland. If you need to book time off work / school please don't do it until we accept you; but please check that it is possible, if there is any doubt here please let us know.
- Remember your applying to be on TV! Include any multimedia you think shows you off, all of the people chosen for the last Tournament had sent in video clips/links to YouTube!
- Applications close on May 18th, so get mailing!
P.S. CCP Loxy here again, just for fun I’m going to try and list everyone I can think of who works/has worked at CCP after appearing on EVE TV… CCP SessionChange, CCP Daishi, CCP Atropos, CCP Mindstar, CCP Soundwave, CCP Capslock, CCP Claw, CCP Loxy, CCP Iris, CCP StevieSG, GM Grave, CCP Sreegs, CCP Fozzie, CCP Rise, CCP Falcon, CCP Dolan… Are you next?