FRIENDS, PILOTS, FLEETMATES, SEND US YOUR EARS!
We have something fun currently winding its way through the blueprint stages over here at internet spaceship headquarters. A portion of our plans will involve you and actual, bonafide fleet and corp comms from your activities in EVE—whether fleet ops, mining ops, ransom negotiations, running missions, trading or whatever. Humble or grandiose.
This isn’t some nefarious spying program--we pinky swear!--just a request that you send us your best voice comms from your favorite moments playing EVE. In the near future you’ll see what it is all about.
Ideally it would be a link to SoundCloud or link to download an audio recording, though we can pull from video in a pinch.
Ideal recordings would also be relatively clear, relatively understandable for an EVE noob and on the “operational” side, talking about gameplay as opposed to group singing the latest Justin Bieber single.
Send links to your recordings to firstname.lastname@example.org with “comms” somewhere in the subject.
Make sure to include:
- A short description of what it is to give us some context
- A timestamp of the particularly good part if it’s a long recording
- Your player name and corp or attribution for someone else’s if you found on the internet
These can be brand new ones as well, so you might want to start recording.
PSA: Reminder it’s usually good manners to make sure those you fleet up with realize you are recording if you are. On the flip side, assume any voice comms are being recorded. Thanks, and time for the legalese!
(NECESSARY LEGALESE FROM OUR INTERNET SPACESHIP LAWYERS)
By submitting your comms, you will be asked to accept certain Terms and Conditions (“Ts&Cs”). Specifically:
1. You promise that the comms you submit:
a) are entirely original work(s);
b) do not infringe upon anyone else's copyright(s), trademark(s), intellectual property or other proprietary rights;
c) were either created solely by the you, or if jointly created with others, you have consent from the other creators to agree to these Ts&Cs; and
d) are not libelous or otherwise unlawful.
2. Your comms have not been previously published as part of an exclusive arrangement with someone else.
3. You grant CCP a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, publish, post, translate, distribute, and display the comms worldwide and/or incorporate the comms or any portion thereof in other works in any form or media, known now or later developed.
4. CCP is not responsible for the content, lawfulness, completeness, accuracy, or integrity of the comms. In its sole discretion, CCP selects the comms to use, and it is in no way obligated to use any particular comm. CCP reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to discontinue the use of any comms, with or without cause.
5. You acknowledge that your comms or portions thereof may be similar to other comms that CCP may receive from third parties. You waive any right to make a claim or bring any legal action with regard to any comms.
6. Unless otherwise agreed to as part of separate written agreement, CCP is in no way obligated to compensate the you for the publication, posting, display, or use of your comms, or incorporation of the comms or any portion thereof into any derivative works.
7. You agree to indemnify CCP from and against any claims, expenses, losses or liabilities (including reasonable attorneys' fees) that may be asserted against CCP in connection with the comms arising from intellectual property rights of third parties or arising from your negligence in preparation and/or publication of such comms.
8. Any disputes arising with respect to the comms or theses Ts&Cs shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Iceland and any related lawsuit must be filed in the courts of Reykjavik.