Patch Notes for February 2016 Release
Patch Notes for February 2016 Release 1.8
Released on Thursday, February 25th, 2016
FEATURES & CHANGES :
- Various small improvements to the backend system.
Patch Notes for February 2016 Release 1.7
Released on Tuesday, February 23rd, 2016
- Drifter Incursions now have a player cap where the rewards tail off to zero.
- Cynosural fields cannot be generated in agent mission site locations, as well as any site in space which has natural phenomena disrupting the use of warp drives within the site.
- Fixed an issue where you were unable to extract skills with a Skill Extractor if you had implants in your head that you did not meet the requirements for.
Patch Notes for February 2016 Release 1.6
Released on Thursday, February 18th, 2016
- Fixed skill training problems with the expiry of Cerebral Accelerator boosters.
- Fixed floating turrets on the Loki
- Personal Assets search will now persist the search text field and results during session changes such as jumping between systems, docking at a station, or changing ships in space for example.
- D-Scan: the results list now populates instantly
- New Camera: fixed the invert zoom option when zooming by holding down L+R mouse buttons
- New Camera: Fixed binding the D-Scan hotkey to a mouse button
- New Camera: Fixed zoom distance not being saved when switching from and back to orbit camera
- New Camera: Fixed an issue causing the D-Scan window to scan twice sometimes when scanning objects in the overview
- New Camera: The orbit camera will now remember its zoom distance when jumping
- Skill training notifications have been modified to no longer show duplicate notifications and the "no skill in queue" notifications only shows when it makes sense.
- Level 5 skills show now again the correct star icon also in the skill queue window.
Patch Notes for February 2016 Release 1.4
Released on Tuesday, February 16th, 2016
FEATURES & CHANGES :
- The Astrahus Exemplar site has been updated in the Ourapheh, Mara, Asgeir, Anjedin and PF-346 systems
- The following five skills are no longer completely restricted from being extracted with a Skill Extractor:
- Advanced Infomorph Psychology
- Command Center Upgrades
- Infomorph Psychology
- Interplanetary Consolidation
Added T2 Cruiser, Battlecruiser, and Battleship SKINs for the Minmatar Tronhadar Ink line. T1 Cruiser, Battle cruiser and Battleship SKINs for the same line are now available for purchase from the New Eden Store.
The full list of available Tronhadar Ink SKINs is as follows:
- Bellicose Tronhadar Ink SKIN (Permanent)
- Rupture Tronhadar Ink SKIN (Permanent)
- Scythe Tronhadar Ink SKIN (Permanent)
- Stabber Tronhadar Ink SKIN (Permanent)
- Muninn Tronhadar Ink SKIN (Permanent)
- Vagabond Tronhadar Ink SKIN (Permanent)
- Broadsword Tronhadar Ink SKIN (Permanent)
- Scimitar Tronhadar Ink SKIN (Permanent)
- Huginn Tronhadar Ink SKIN (Permanent)
- Rapier Tronhadar Ink SKIN (Permanent)
- Cyclone Tronhadar Ink SKIN (Permanent)
- Hurricane Tronhadar Ink SKIN (Permanent)
- Tornado Tronhadar Ink SKIN (Permanent)
- Claymore Tronhadar Ink SKIN (Permanent)
- Sleipnir Tronhadar Ink SKIN (Permanent)
- Maelstrom Tronhadar Ink SKIN (Permanent)
- Tempest Tronhadar Ink SKIN (Permanent)
- Typhoon Tronhadar Ink SKIN (Permanent)
- Panther Tronhadar Ink SKIN (Permanent)
- Vargur Tronhadar Ink SKIN (Permanent)
- New Camera:
- Added tracking camera toggle (enable with Shift + C) to the Orbit mode
- Added a new way to D-Scan: hold V and click (V can be changed to other keys via the settings menu).
- Mining drones have been reprogrammed to no longer return too much ore in specific cases.
- Corrected an error when double clicking the playlist for the new EVE Flight Academy video player.
- Partially trained skills are now again shown properly as partially trained in the skill queue window.
- Implants are again removed correctly from the character sheet after being podded.
- New Camera
- Fixed an issue which could break the camera when looking at something and warping away.
- First person mode - own beam effects are now visible.
- Fixed old map breaking when jumping between systems.
- The tactical overlay will now remember its state between jumps.
- Zoom no longer resets when docking and undocking.
Patch Notes for February 2016 Release 1.2
Released on Thursday, February 11th, 2016
FEATURES & CHANGES :
- EVE Flight Academy tutorial videos can now be accessed in the game client from the F12 menu.
- Updated the “Interacting with others” tutorial video to reflect updated game features.
- In the Skill Extractor window you can now undo marking skills for extraction in any order by clicking the undo button on the skill entry in the list.
- The Character Creator tutorial video has been adjusted to match updated game features.
- Applying unallocated skill points through the character sheet no longer pauses your skill training.
- New Camera:
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in the space scene when docked, after using first person mode
- Fixed turrets not being visible on other ships
- Fixed an issue that could cause a strange "fishbowl" FOV after jumping
- Anomalies and bookmarks can now be tracked
- Tracking of ships that are warping away is now maintained until the tracked ship leaves the grid
Patch Notes for February 2016 Release 1.1
Released on Wednesday, February 10th, 2016
- The audio has been adjusted to the new camera.
- Cynosural Field Generators and Bombs can be activated again in Cosmic Signature and Anomalies.
- The Loki's Electronics - Emergent Locus Analyzer is now correctly aligned with the rest of the ship.
- Duct tape to the rescule! The middle right booster on the Minmatar Frigates Probe and Cheetah is now aligned correctly.
- New Camera: Fixed speed offset not working.
- New Camera: Fixed broken text when holding down C to track.
- Old Camera: Fixed tracking camera not working directly after switching from new camera to old.
- Fixed an issue where the notification widget would become unresponsive after extracting skill points.
Patch Notes for February 2016 Release 1.0
Released on Tuesday, February 9th, 2016
FEATURES & CHANGES :
Summary: It will now be possible for players to trade skill points between each other on the in-game market using two new items, the ‘Skill Extractor’ and ‘Skill Injector’. For a detailed overview of the feature please take a look at these two dev blogs: Exploring the Character Bazaar and Skill Trading, and Skill Trading in New Eden.
New Items: Skill Extractor and Skill Injector
- Skill Extractors are purchased from the new Eden Store for Aurum.
- Skill Extractors can be bought and sold in the in-game market. They are listed under ‘Pilot’s Services’.
- By consuming a Skill Extractor and extracting 500,000 Skill Points from previously trained skills, players can create a Skill Injector.
- There are a number of restrictions to the use of Skill Extractors:
- Skill Extractors may be only activated if the client was started using the fully supported game launcher. This is to ensure two-factor authentication support for skill trading.
- Characters must be docked and have no active ship.
- Characters must have more than 5,500,000 trained skill points.
- Skills which are a prerequisite of another trained skill cannot be extracted. (Note here that you can extract if all dependent skills have been extracted first)
- The following skills can not be extracted:
- Infomorph Psychology
- Advanced Infomorph Psychology
- Command Center Upgrade
- Interplanetary Consolidation
- Skill Injectors can be bought and sold in the in-game market. They are listed under ‘Pilot’s Services’.
- Skill Injectors can be consumed by a character to add unallocated skill points in to a characters skill point pool.
- These skill points can be distributed immediately, but will stay in the pool indefinitely if not used.
- The amount of skill points granted by Skill Injectors varies based on the total skill points trained previously on the character using the injector, according to the following scale:
- Less than 5,000,000 skill points trained -> 500,000 unallocated SP injected
- 5,000,000 - 50,000,000 skill points trained -> 400,000 unallocated SP injected
- 50,000,000 - 80,000,000 skill points trained -> 300,000 unallocated SP injected
- 80,000,000 or greater skill points trained -> 150,000 unallocated SP injected
- The amount of skill points you will receive per injector will be highlighted for you in the show info page for the Skill Injector item.
In conjunction with the Skill Trading feature, we’ve made a number of changes and improvements to skill book injection and the training queue, specifically:
- Skills can now be injected at any time, regardless of requirements.
- To begin training a skill, you must now either meet all prerequisites for the skill or have at least 1 skillpoint already trained in that skill.
- Skills with untrained prerequisites can now be added to the queue if they come after prerequisite training.
- Unallocated skillpoints can now be applied to your training queue.
- A new Theme song has been published for the February release: Waltz of the Capsuleers
- Combat Music for Engagements: This is an opt-out early iteration of a feature which plays specific music (combat music) when a player is targeted and possibly under threat of being attacked. Depending on the adoption rates and player feedback, this feature may be moved from opt-out status.
- The hitpoints of ship and NPC wrecks have been rebalanced. Instead the formerly uniform 500 hitspoints for a wreck, wrecks of larger ships have considerably more hitpoints.
- Frigate, Rookie Ship, Shuttle, Small NPC: 700 hp
- Destroyer: 1000 hp
- Cruiser, Mining Barge, Medium NPC, Generic NPC: 1500 hp
- Battlecruiser, Industrial: 2500 hp
- Battleship, Large NPC, Officer NPC: 3500 hp
- Carrier, Dread, Rorqual, Orca, Freighter: 15000 hp
- Supercarrier, NPC Supercarrier: 25000 hp
- Titan: 30000 hpFurther details can be found in this forum thread.
- Research Components for the Upwell Consortium no longer drop from Ghost sites and Serpentis exploration sites.
- Sisters of EVE Flotillas can now be found in Drifter wormhole systems.
- Doomsday and Smartbomb module effects are now supported by the new visual damage system, you will be able to visualize the damage onto your unsuspecting foe.
- Caldari and Gallente Strategic Cruisers (Tech-3) have been given the Physically Based Rendering treatment and use our new shader system.
- All Strategic Cruisers now sport killmark decals.
- Missile graphics have been optimized to improve client performance.
- The following skills have been seeded to the market:
- Force Auxiliary ships
- Light & Support fighters
- Added Force Auxiliary skills for all races
- Added Light & Support fighter skills
- The audio effects levels for Drifter turrets have been increased.
- Fixed several rare cases with training skills.
- When trying to board a ship with insufficient skills from a ship maintenance array it will now stay stored instead of ejected into space.
- It is no longer possible to accidentally use an Cerebral Accelerator after surpassing its maximum character age and losing it.
- Fixed user-defined shortcut for 'Stop Ship' not working when probe scanner window was open.
- Adjusted the orientation of the lights on the Jackdaw.
- Moderated the display of ships over the Captain's Quarters' balcony to prevent overlapping models and the presence of inactive vessels.
- Altered the code markings on the Kirin.
- Added another turret locator set for the Crucifier Navy Issue to fix disappearing turrets.
- Prevented planet mode from breaking the static hangar view.
- Modified the textures used on the sail area of the Probe frigate.
- Reworked the booster area textures for the Drake Navy Issue.
- Reprimanded that pesky right booster on the Minmatar Tech-3 tactical destroyer, Svipul.
- Reoriented the booster effects for the Gallente Imicus and Helios frigates.
- Fixed the engine glow bleeding over geometry on the Hyperion .
- Corrected the visual effects for the Large YF-12A Smartbomb and Large Rudimentary Concussion Bomb I modules.
- Changed the doomsdays so they now apply impact damage.
- Reattached blinking lights on the infested station ruins.
- Fixed a typo in the string displayed when insurance is paid for a ship. This typo prevented the variables to be displayed correctly in the Wallet journal for the French client.
- Changed the listed ship type for Minmatar Republic Fleet Officer from cruiser to frigate
- The Crumbling Angel Stone Formation now correctly mentions the Relic Analyzer module in its site text.
- Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause Serpentis Havens to appear in Sansha space.
Science & Industry:
- The Guidance Disruptor II blueprint now correctly requires a Guidance Disruptor I as a build requirement.
- The blueprints for the CONCORD Capital Remote Armor and Shield repairers have been corrected to reflect the new names for the modules.
- Blueprints for the Missile Guidance Enhancer II now display the correct tech level attribute.
- Clarified the group name for Energy Neutralizer Drones and blueprints.
- Tronhadar Ink SKINs for Tech-2 Frigates and Destroyers now appear in the market properly and will apply to ships correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the Market details icon would not update correctly if using "View Market Details" from a show info window.
- Improved Corporation Asset Search user experience by parsing item type from the filter when the search is triggered instead of when the text input field loses focus.
- Implemented several fixes in the Advanced Asset Search: added numerical characters parsing, fixed problems when searching in the German client, stopped showing all items when the search fails to find any items by the entered criteria, added display of all items when opening the window with empty search criteria.
- Fixed info panels failure occurring while in a transport mission whose drop destination is set to a solar system instead of a station.
- Inventory windows now display and function correctly if open when a player logs out in space.
- Mouseover sound no longer plays if an item in Ship Tree is active when the Ship Tree is closed.
- Clicking a module button exactly at the end of reloading will not longer stop the loading of new charges.
- The Genolution 'Auroral' AU-79 implant is now showing again correctly in the character sheet after losing the pod.
- Closing the skill queue window with unsaved changes will now reliably ask if the changes should be saved.
- The skill training times in the skill queue window are now updating correctly when injecting an implant, without having to reopen the window.
- An appropriate message is being displayed again at opening of the character sheet after losing a skill level due to a T3 Strategic Cruiser loss.
- Fixed an issue whereby players with their UI hidden using CTRL+F9 would see in-space brackets after jumping through a Stargate.
- Fixed positioning of tooltips in the map browser.
- Fixed how automatic URL links would sometimes be incorrectly generated in chat.
- The Large Remote Armor Repairer II and Large I-ax Enduring Remote Armor Repairer now display the correct meta levels in the user interface.
- The 'Micro' Remote Shield Booster now displays the correct storyline icon overlay.
- When comparing cloaking devices, unnamed attributes are no longer visible.
- The client is now updated correctly when several skills train at the same time at login.
- The skill training notification is now shown reliably when training a skill at login and the proper audio message is played again.
- Fixed the calculation of remaining skill training times in various info windows.
- Fixed a problem with updating the total skill point amount on the character selection screen.
- The Beta Camera has now been changed to opt-out from opt-in. The option to switch the Beta Camera off can be accessed through general settings (press ESC in game to access those settings).
- Several fixes have been made to the Beta Camera:
- Zoom distance is now consistent when zooming in and out
- Camera will no longer jump when tracked object leaves grid
- Tracking a warping entity is no longer permitted by the camera
- Cancelling the module induced target lock by right clicking in space now functions correctly
Text and Descriptions:
- The description of Sansha and True Sansha control towers has been updated to reflect their visual models.
- Energy weapons now explicitly list their instant reload time in show-info windows.
- Clarified the description of the Rapid Launch skill.
- Corrected a minor typo in the Maulus Navy Issue description.
- Corrected minor text inconsistency in the Paladin role bonus text.
- Corrected a typo in the Hedbergite ore description.
- Clarified the bonus text for the Kirin and Deacon ships.
- The Roden Shipyards flavor text in some Tech 2 ship descriptions has been updated to more accurately reflect their ship designs.
THIRD PARTY DEVELOPERS :
- Missing attribute 'key' in the 'factionWars' rowset has been added to the eve/FacWarStats.xml.aspx endpoint.