CSM 14 - All you need to know!
Greetings, honorable Citizens of New Eden,
In the following blog, we are going to provide you with all the important information about the timeline for the CSM 14 election process. Everyone is encouraged to read the blog carefully, especially any candidates. After you have familiarized yourself with the content, please feel free to join the discussion thread on the official EVE Online forums.
The Council of Stellar Management consists of 10 members selected democratically once a year in an online election hosted by CCP. This unique institution is a phenomenon in gaming and has gone through a myriad of changes and improvements to better serve its core purpose – to give all players of New Eden a strong and formal voice in the development of EVE Online.
- 30th April – 12th May: Accepting applications
- 13th – 17th May: Processing applications
- 25th May: Announcing candidates at EVE Down Under
- 25th May – 7th June: Campaign Period
- 10th – 17th June: Voting
- 22nd June: Announcing CSM 14 Members at EVE North
Once the 14th Council of Stellar Management is established, we will take time to conduct comprehensive onboarding and orientation for the newly elected councilors. We will ensure that each member is properly educated on the most important operational aspects of the CSM and can fulfil their duty towards the pilots of New Eden to the best of their capabilities. Our consultations with elected representatives will cover confidential information and involve close cooperation between CCP and all CSM members, as such all members are expected to adhere to the confidentiality agreement and CSM Code of Conduct.
Apart from the weekly meetings and frequent exchange with the internal CCP teams, the candidates will be flown to our headquarters in Reykjavik twice per term for the CSM Summit. There, equipped with topics and questions from the community, they will be able to discuss them with the development teams and collaborate on creating the best future for the EVE Online players.
We are currently looking at hosting the first CSM summit in September or October and second in February next year. The exact dates will be announced later.
Important disclaimer: We will be strict about incorrectly filed or incomplete submissions and reject applications that don’t meet our standards. The rules are very clear, but if you are unsure about anything regarding the process, we are happy to answer any questions. However, once the submission is sent there is no turning back, so it is imperative to get it right.
To be eligible for the CSM, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Your account must be older than 60 days at the time candidacy applications close.
- Characters on both Alpha and Omega accounts are eligible to run.
- You must have a history of honoring the EULA and the Terms of Service. We will screen every applicant thoroughly and EULA/TOS violations on your record can result in a rejected application.
- Your account must have updated and correct information at the time of your application. This includes; your real-life name, correct date of birth and the same email you use to submit your application. To view and edit this information go to the account management website.
- Candidates must have reached 18 years of age. If the legal adult age in your home country (the age at which you have the legal capacity to enter into a contract) is higher than 18, that number applies instead.
- As an applicant, you must consent to provide your personal details to CCP, including your real name and a copy of your passport. CCP needs to affirm your real-life identity for NDA contract purposes and the ability to travel to summits in Iceland is a key function of the CSM.
- If you do not currently have a valid passport, we will accept a picture/scan of a valid and approved passport application accompanied by a picture of your driver’s license.
- You must consent to share your country of origin with the EVE Community and having it displayed on the EVE Online website. You will not be required to share any other personal information with the EVE community.
- If you are running as an “alt” and you control a character that has a reputation in the EVE universe, CCP may require you to run under that identity at its full discretion.
*All personal data will be handled in accordance with European data protection and processing laws.
HOW TO APPLY
There are two steps to applying:
- Fill in the application form between 30th April – 12th May. The form will return a confirmation if the application goes through. Beware session time-outs and make sure to save your text in a document. If you don’t get a confirmation, re-enter the information and try again. If your application already went through, the website will inform you of that.
- Submit your document scans/pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org in high-quality with the subject “CSM 14 application”. Both these steps need to be completed within the submission window. Applications filed outside this window or without valid documents will be rejected.
- Remember that applications cannot be edited after you submit them to make sure your information is correct! Once your application has been submitted, you are encouraged to create a campaign thread in this forum section.
We look forward to receiving your applications and following all campaigns. At CCP, we feel we are stronger and do a better job at developing and maintaining EVE with the CSM by our side. By banding together with our players in common purpose and resolve, and by communicating with each other in a straight forward manner, we can realise our shared ambitions for the intrepid future of EVE Online.
Big thanks to everyone who supports the CSM project and vote for their favorite candidates every year!