Think you have what it takes? CCP is looking for GM Interns!
Update, 14 September: CCP will be contacting applicants over the next few days with invitations for interviews and job offers. The GM internships will be filled from this batch of applicants. More internships will be available in the future, but this internship offer has closed.
The EVE Community is growing and as it does, so does the need for support staff. CCP has brought new GMs in from the ISD program, now we are going to expand our search to include the EVE Community.
I have to admit, we are looking for the best and most experienced players in the EVE Community, so we are setting our standards high. In order for your application to be considered, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must have an active EVE subscription for a minimum of three (3) years,
- Must live in the European Union,
- Must be 20 years or older,
- Must speak, read and write fluent English,
- Must be willing to relocate to Iceland and co-habitate with 2 other interns, and
- Must not have any detrimental marks on your game account(s) or major warnings on your forum history.
Some of these requirements may be waived, but only in certain circumstances, for example, previous GM experience on a different title can waive some of the EVE experience time or your current country of residence, but the English, relocation and game/forum conduct requirements cannot be waived.
Ok, so you meet the requirements and are probably wondering what you get out of an internship. In case the camaraderie of working with the CCP Dev and GM teams isn't enough, here's what we offer:
- CCP will pay for your apartment, but you will be sharing the apartment with 2 other interns,
- CCP will also feed you lunches and at least 2 dinners during the work week, with snacks and beverages available in the office,
- $600 per month to assist with living expenses,
- The experience of working for (and playing with) CCP, and
- The possibility of being brought on to the CCP team as a permanent employee after a 3-6 month period as an Intern.
So, there you have it. I'm sure there are going to be many more questions about the internships, but these are the highlights. If you are interested, send an e-mail to Helgi Mar, our Human Resources Director, with the subject, "Internship - GM". Please include a CV, and a 5,000 word essay on why you think you are a good intern candidate.
Alright, no need for the essay, but an introduction attached to your CV would be nice.
Previous applicants for CCP positions that meet the requirements and are interested in a GM internship should resubmit their CV and cover letter.