A better understanding of EVE Online players is a long-term pursuit of ours: engaging with you on the forums, talking with you at events, reading blogs, watching player streams, sending out surveys, working with the CSM – the list goes on and on. Not every EVE player is the same and there are myriad reasons why you enjoy flying around in New Eden; whether it’s the thrill of the hunt, pride in helping your friends, the joy of exploration, a keen interest in marketing trading, or something more.
The journey of getting an even better picture of what drives each of New Eden’s Capsuleers continues as we now launch a new survey, the Capsuleer Survey. The results from this survey will continue to help us in making EVE a fantastic game - for you, and those who may be like you but haven't tried it yet.
For completing this survey, you will receive 7 days of Omega time and also your own individual player profile, and you will help us improve New Eden for the future. You can complete this survey by logging in and clicking the link on the character selection screen.
We’ve partnered up with 12traits, a gaming-focused research company, to make this happen. Their work is supported by trusted and peer-reviewed scientific literature and results. This Capsuleer Survey will provide insight into what drives you and inspires you. CCP will not have access to your individual results, only an overview of the community. The survey will be conducted on 12traits’ website.
At the end of the survey, you'll have the option to see your own unique profile, to learn about what you are like as a person and a gamer.
Here is an example to show you how your profile will look:
As you can see from this profile, once you finish the survey, you’ll be presented with what motivates you, as well as your emotional wellbeing, and some other insights into how to better adapt to everything going on. For CCP Felix, whose profile this is, he has learned that he is motivated by persistence, purpose, and engagement. Taking these insights, he understands now why he’s so engaged when working towards larger goals, as well as why he tends to forget some of the smaller - yet important - steps along the way. He also now knows why he always feels the need to see the bigger picture behind whatever it is that he’s playing or working on in order to feel truly engaged. In addition, he learned that he’s maybe too tuned into news media and needs to unplug a bit more. These sorts of insights are also available to you after you complete the survey!
Things to keep in mind:
- The Capsuleer Survey is live as of today.
- All Capsuleers who are eligible to participate (which is nearly all of you) will see the Capsuleer Survey banner.
- When you click that banner, you will be taken to 12traits’ website.
- You can only take this survey once per person and you have to complete it in one sitting.
- The survey is between 60 to 75 questions and you have the right to stop participating at any time.
- At the end of the survey, you'll have the option to see your own unique profile - what you are like as a person and a gamer.
- You’ll also receive 7 days of Omega time for completing the survey.
- After completing the survey, you will receive a unique identifying token. Don’t lose it or you may never see your results again!
- We will not receive your individual results, but rather a broad overview of the community.
- Your data is kept secure with 12traits, using state-of-the-art data storage and processing methods to ensure your privacy.
- At a later point in time, we will share some insights with you all on the EVE community as a whole.
- The survey, and the results, are only in English.
Log into EVE now, click the banner on the character selection screen and participate in the Capsuleer Survey!