Candidacy period for CSM7 to open soon!
The sixth Council of Stellar Management’s term is due to end on April 4th, and as such it’s now time to start up the machine that is the CSM election cycle!
CSM election results announced at Fanfest 2011
This CSM term will see a change to the election process where upon being approved by CCP, the candidates must prove a certain level of support in order to be included in the final candidate list. This initial nomination stage will be assessed based on the number of “likes” given to the initial post for that candidate’s forum thread; if the number exceeds 100 then they will be included in the final list.
The schedule for the elections is as follows:
February 8th to 22nd – Candidacy application period opens
February 22nd – Publication of the list of approved candidates; nomination stage begins
February 29th – List of candidates who passed nomination stage published
March 7th – Voting opens
March 21st – Voting closes
March 24th – Results announced during Fanfest keynote.
April 4th – CSM 7 take office
April 3rd, 2013 – CSM 8 take office
The requirements to be able to run as a candidate in the CSM7 elections are as follows:
- You must have an active EVE Online account that is older than 30 days.
- You must be aged 21 years or older as of April 4th, 2012.
- You must provide your address and an e-mail address where you can be reached, which will not be made public.
- You must provide a scan or reasonable quality photograph of a valid passport to verify your identity and that you can travel internationally to the CCP HQ in Reykjavik, Iceland.
- You must be willing and able to sign a non-disclosure agreement with CCP as the CSM are regularly provided with information that is not for public release.
- You must be willing for your real name and country of residence to be made public alongside your character name on the EVE Online website. No other personal details required for candidacy will be made public.
- You must provide a reasonable campaign message stating your reasons for running, in no more than 200 words.
- You must have up to date and accurate account ownership information on all of your EVE Online accounts.
- You should be willing to actively engage in forum and chat room style discussions with CCP and the other members of the CSM.
In addition to the above in accordance with the CSM white paper, any serious violations of the EVE Online EULA may void your eligibility to run. All applications will result in an audit of the accounts belonging to the applicant. In cases where EULA violations have occurred, the application will be assessed on the basis of the severity of the violation and the length of time since the violation occurred. More information on candidate eligibility can be found in the CSM white paper.
Should you have any queries regarding the CSM election process, please head over to the comments thread or if you would like more private issues addressed, you can contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CCP Diagoras