As most capsuleers will know if they’ve looked at their email inbox recently, many companies are currently in the process of overhauling their Privacy Policies to comply with new European Union regulations regarding data protection that come into effect tomorrow, May 25th.
Rather than add to the email spam, we’ve decided to release this notification to help you understand the control you have over your data, and how we handle the information you give us when you play games from CCP.
- What personal data we collect when you use our services.
- Why we collect this data.
- Who we disclose your data to.
- How we use your data.
- How long we keep your data and how it’s protected.
- How you can exercise your rights under data protection legislation.
- How to contact our Data Protection Team for queries and requests.
PRIVACY AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
What Do You Need To Do?
As part of this update, all players will need to re-accept the EVE Online EULA after tomorrow.
Please restart your launcher and re-accept the EULA with this new change, and you’ll be good to go!
Additionally, if you have any questions regarding this change, please feel free to reach out to our Data Protection Team at the address above.