Patch Notes for Incarna 1.1.2
Released Tuesday, October 18, 2011.
The following are the relevant file sizes for client updates:
- Windows from Incarna 1.1.1 to Incarna 1.1.2 is 13 MB
- Windows full client 4.5 GB
- Mac from Incarna 1.1.1 to Incarna 1.1.2 is 8 MB
- Mac full client 5.2 GB
Captain's Quarters and Station Interiors
- The station hangar is returning with all of its previous functionality. Dragging a ship onto the hangar to activate it, and double clicking the ship to open the ship’s cargo hold is once again possible.You can read more about it in this devblog.
- The memory demand of Captain’s Quarters has been considerably reduced.
- Disabling the “Load Station Environment” option will display your station hangar instead of seeing “The Door.”
- When a player logged into a station and immediately undocked without the station environments loading properly it would cause the client to display a black screen. This has been resolved.
- CarbonIO has been enabled on the client. Even though this will have no immediate visible client-side impact, it opens new behind-the-scenes optimization paths which were impossible under stacklessIO. More information on CarbonIO can be found here.
- In some cases it was impossible to undock in heavily damaged ships if only skills kept the ship alive. This will no longer occur.
- EVE will now automatically upload information about a crash to CCP when a crash occurs . No personal information or information about other programs is collected. Read more about this in this dev blog.
- A number of stability adjustments have been made for the new Cider engine. These include file descriptor race conditions, segment caching in memory and raising the ceiling limit for open file descriptors.
- An EVE Voice connection problem, where users were unable to reconnect to EVE Voice after losing or closing their connection, has been resolved.
- A fix for broken jpg and png files has been added to the game. This will ensure broken chat portraits will no longer crash the client. There is, however, no excuse nor help for ugly mugs. Note: If you successfully worked around a client crash by making a cache folder read only, you should clear your client cache or lift the write protection to get character portraits shown once again.
- Tweaks have been made to improve user experience with ship spinning