Alliance Tournament XII announcement!
Greetings friendship pilots!
As announced during the pre-Fanfest stream, the 12th Alliance Tournament will be kicking off on August 16th, 2014. There are a few things I want to confirm right now, with the juicier details regarding all aspects of the tournament being published at later dates.
The format of the AT XII will be the same as last years’ Alliance Tournament. 64 alliances will duke it out in a double elimination format where all matches matter. We will also go back to 4 weekends of broadcast time.
To fly with an alliance in the Alliance Tournament XII you will need to have been a member of that alliance from downtime on the 24th of April, 11:00 UTC. Each alliance may only field one team.
This rule is intended to ensure that players compete on behalf of the alliance which they belong to in-game regardless of tournaments (their home alliance) and to prevent alliances from splitting into multiple alliances to field so-called B-Teams without the referees having to resort to draconian measures. It is not intended to punish players who may have been caught outside their home alliance for some minor reason. If you are caught outside of an alliance you consider to be your home alliance, check to see if you meet these criteria and submit a ticket to have the situation rectified:
- The character in question was not in any alliance at the time of the cutoff on April 24th.
- The player wishes to rejoin the alliance that the character was most recently a member of
- The character in question has spent a significant amount of time in this alliance over the past year
Please note that the criteria listed only guarantees we will consider your case; each situation will be handled on a case by case basis. We will not grant exceptions for corporations or players who were members of other alliances on the 24th, as they are encouraged to compete with that alliance.
There will be future Dev Blogs in the coming weeks which cover the rules, broadcast schedule and sign up details, so stay tuned! For those who missed the previous ones - the matches from Alliance Tournaments IX, X, and XI are available on CCP's YouTube channel.
EVE TV's Player Commentator Team
We will once again be opening up the application process for players who would like to be PVP commentators. These elite players are handpicked by us to fly out to Iceland for the tournament finals played over the final two weekends, joining the team here at CCP HQ to help us run the live broadcasts.
As a commentator you'll be on the set discussing the tournament, tactics, teams and talking with developers about EVE live on air. You'll also take shifts in the commentary booth providing live commentary on the matches themselves. You need to know your PvP and you need to know how to keep on talking!
Alliance Tournament XII will take place over four consecutive weekends starting on Saturday, August 16th and ending with the grand finale on Sunday, September 7th. Flights (from all Icelandair destinations) and accommodations are supplied by us. All you need is a little spending money.
So you're interested? The next step is to check this short list and make sure you match what we're looking for!
- Can you come out and play? Selected players will need to hold a valid passport (we will require scans to confirm this at a later stage) and be available to fly to Iceland on Wednesday, August 27th and return home on Monday, September 8th.
- A sense of humor is a must: commentators will need to be sharp-witted, knowledgeable, presentable and comfortable with talking on camera and into a microphone. To increase your chances of getting through, we highly recommend submitting any pre-made or purpose filmed video you have of yourself (link to a YouTube clip!) as part of your application.
- You need to know your PvP: We don't despise industrialists, mission-runners and miners but as this is a PvP tournament and you need to be well versed.
- You must be 21+ in order to apply.
If you are interested in taking part, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 UTC (Eve Time) on Sunday May 18th, 2014 with the following information. Those lucky enough to be selected for the second round of eliminations must be available to attend voice chat interviews on Saturday, May 24th, 2014. The chosen commentators will be announced by June 11th, 2014.
- Character and real name.
- Date of birth.
- Nationality and current country of residence.
- Tell us about yourself, both in game and out. Remember what you're applying for and sell yourself to that effect.
- Confirm you are available between the 27th of August to 8th of September to fly to Iceland. If you need to book time off work / school please don't do it until we accept you; but please check that it is possible, if there is any doubt here please let us know.
- Remember your applying to be on TV! Include any multimedia you think shows you off, all of the people chosen for the last Tournament had sent in video clips/links to YouTube!
- Applications close on May 18th, so get mailing!
A final note: The Tournament from the perspective of a commentator is an amazing experience. You get to take part in a unique production, fly to Iceland, get a tour around the CCP office and chat to developers like almost no other players will ever get the chance to. But with great power comes great responsibility; planning and promotional shows take place during the weeks up to the final show and you may not be asked to fly to Iceland if you fail to take part or become unavailable during this time!
On behalf of the Tournament Team