Community Ship Fittings – Wave 3 begins!
As noted in the introductory news item, the Community Fittings project is an experimental crowd-sourced project to create standard ship fittings which will become available in-game.
So far, we have gathered fits for the T1 exploration frigates and the Venture mining frigate, and the fits submitted for the second wave - PVE Frigates - have been reviewed by the CCL volunteer team. If you want to discuss the PVE Frigates, and/or vote on them (more info in the FAQ at the end), you can do so in this thread.
With two waves of completed fits under our belt, we are eager to get your contributions of fits to the next wave – T1 hauler setups, comprising of Industrials and Frigates. The threads are ready to go, so if you want to participate please just follow these simple steps:
- Go to the EVE Forums - Community Fittings
- Pick any available ship fitting thread. The ship, its purpose and restrictions are mentioned in the first post of the thread and the thread title.
- Reply to the thread with a good ship fit.
- Add any further explanations to the same post
- Please follow the outlined format and don’t discuss other fittings, otherwise the threads will get cluttered very fast and become useless. If you want to explain your fitting, the purpose and why it works well, feel free to do that in your forum post right below your fitting.
- You are welcome to submit as many fittings as you would like to!
FAQ (mostly reprises introductory news for convenience)
What do I get for participating?
Besides helping your fellow players and besides showing off your amazing EVE knowledge, there is more to gain.
If your ship fitting is chosen and added to the client, you will be named as contributor in the fitting description. Of course, your character name must not violate our naming policy.
Your contribution will become part of EVE!
What do I do if I spot a bad fitting?
Please do not discuss the fitting quality in the fitting thread. Our CCL members will be responsible for ensuring that any obviously poor fits are filtered out. However, if you have ideas or suggestions that will benefit this project in general, we would love to hear your feedback in this forum thread.
What can I do if someone else copied my fitting?
If we see similar fittings, we consider the first one posted to be the original one. Follow-up posts of that fit will be ignored.
Can I submit troll fits?
Nonsense and troll fits will be removed. Posting repeatedly troll fittings will lead to a forum ban.
What if a bad fitting has made it into the game client?
While double check the submissions, mistakes can sometimes happen. If the unlikely case happens that a bad fit made it into the client, we can easily correct this mistake. We will keep an eye on the feedback!
**How do the final fits get selected? **
As you can see in this thread, the final selection is done via forum poll. We will be posting the forum poll for the Hauler fits into our Launcher newsfeed once it's ready, so please look out for it, but in the meantime you can vote on the PVE Frigates in this thread