Alliance Tournament XV: Teams and Rules
Hello thinking and tinkering Capsuleers
With team signups now closed, we can announce the teams that will be participating in Alliance Tournament XV from July 29 to August 20. The following 15 teams are returning from Alliance Tournament XIV:
- 404 Alliance Not Found
- A Band Apart.
- Dream Fleet
- Mercenary Coalition
- Northern Coalition.
- Paisti Syndicate
- Pandemic Legion
- Phoebe Freeport Republic
- THE R0NIN
- The Tuskers Co.
- Villore Accords
- VYDRA RELOLDED
- WE FORM V0LTA
The following teams made successful bids in the Secret Auction. As only 15 teams from Alliance Tournament XIV used their option to return to Alliance Tournament XV, a 17th auction spot was offered.
The Bastard Cartel
Hard Knocks Citizens
Out of Sight.
The Clown Car
Quebec United Legions (with La Divison Bleue)
We want your ISK
L A Z E R H A W K S
United Federation of Conifers
Band of Backstabbers
Finally, the remaining 56 teams will take part in the feeder rounds on June 10th and 11th in an attempt to enter the tournament proper. They are:
- An Alliance Has No Name
- Army of New Eden
- Asteria Concord.
- Badfellas Inc.
- Best Intentions.
- Blades of Grass (with Demonic Wheat Pineapple)
- Bright Side of Death
- Brotherhood of Spacers
- Brothers in Arms Alliance
- Digital Vendetta
- End of Life
- Fidelas Constans
- Ghost Legion.
- Good at this Game
- Goonswarm Federation
- Heirs of Nothing (with I Aim To Misbehave)
- Hole Control
- Iron Armada
- It Must Be Jelly Cause Jam Don't Shake
- IT'S ONLY PIXELS
- Legio Astartes Arcanum
- LowSechnaya Sholupen
- Men with Fancy Hats
- MORDUS ANGELS
- No Handlebars.
- Of Sound Mind
- Pen Is Out
- PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS
- RAZOR Alliance
- Red Alliance
- Rejection of Sovereignty
- Requiem Eternal
- Rote Kapelle (with Rote Works)
- Red vs Blue
- Salt Farmers
- SAMURAI SOUL'd OUT
- senseless intentions
- Shadow Cartel
- Sleeping Dragons
- Snuffed Out
- Solar Fleet
- Solyaris Chtonium
- Spaceship Bebop
- Spectre Fleet Alliance
- Templis CALSF
- Test Alliance Please Ignore
- The Explicit Alliance
- The Society For Unethical Treatment Of Sleepers
- Wormhole Society
Training in the Thunderdome
As with last year, we will be opening Thunderdome to teams practicing for Alliance Tournament. If your team wish to gain access to Thunderdome, please have one of your team captains send an email from the email address registered to their account to email@example.com with the following information:
- Who is requesting access (please give alliance and your character name to make verification easier)
- A list of character IDs (preferred) or character names for characters you would like to have access to the server OR
- A list of corporation IDs (preferred) or corporation names within your alliance that you would like to have access to the server OR
- A statement that you would like your entire alliance to have access to the server
- A list of character IDs (preferred) or character names for characters you wish to have access to the tournament tools (maximum 10)
Whichever of the option you choose for giving an access list, the total number of characters must not exceed 500, and all characters must be in your alliance.
Teams should note that passwords are being pulled from Singularity, so if your current password does not work you should try an older one.
While we try to ensure that Thunderdome is available for practice at all times, Thunderdome may be unavailable at certain times, and may also play host to other events in the leadup to the tournament. Please check the EVE Alliance Tournament Discussion forum for updates on expected interruptions to Thunderdome.
Rules and Regulations
- This tournament is sponsored by the Serpentis Corporation and Serpentis ships have a reduced point cost
- Point costs have been adjusted for several ship groups
- In the matches during the final two weekends of the tournament each team will have 3 ship bans instead of the previous 2
- Tech Two mobile combat drones are allowed
- Strategic Cruisers are not allowed to fit remote repair modules
- Capacitor transmitter modules are once again allowed with a maximum of one per ship
- Rules regarding collusion and “B teams” have been clarified and strengthened
- Account bans have been added as an explicitly available penalty in the rules
- The flagship deadline is much earlier than normal at June 13
Feeding the Beast
For those teams that are participating in the feeder rounds, the structure will be as follows:
- Round 1: 56 teams, with the 28 teams that win progressing to the Alliance Tournament
- Round 2: 28 teams, with the 14 teams that lose being eliminated
- Round 3: 14 teams, with the 6 teams that lose being eliminated (2 teams will receive a bye)
- Round 4: 8 teams, with the 4 teams that win progressing to the Alliance Tournament
The round of 56 will be completed on June 10, with all remaining matches being played out on June 11. The byes in round 3 will be awarded to the two remaining teams with the highest average points difference across their previous matches.
Seeding for the feeder tournament will be randomized, and will be announced at the end of the week.
This year, we will be using a similar method as used in AT XIV to seed the brackets for the main tournament:
- Teams will be seeded into a standard 64 team double elimination bracket
- Any teams that competed in Alliance Tournament XIV will be ordered based on their overall position last year. Teams eliminated in the same round will be ranked within that round based on the average points difference across their matches in AT XIV.
- Teams that did not compete in AT XIV will be randomly seeded in the remaining positions through a second draw.
While team signups have closed, we’re still accepting applications for commentators until 2017-05-28 23:59, so make sure you send in your application before then. Check out the earlier announcement for more details.
We hope that you’re just as excited as we are for the tournament this year. If you have any remaining questions or requests for clarifications regarding rules, please post in the EVE Alliance Tournament Discussion forum.
And as always: The best ship, is Championship.
On behalf of the Tournament Team