CSM 13 applications are now open
We've opened the application form for CSM applications. Candidates have until 12:00 UTC on Friday March 23 to submit their applications and required documents.
All applications will be vetted for eligibility and everyone who meets the minimum requirements will be on the ballot for CSM 13 in the online elections slated for the start of June. The final list of candidates will be announced at Fanfest and the campaign season can kick off for real!
Before applying, please read everything below carefully.
Instructions and eligibility
Important disclaimer: This year we will be strict about incorrectly filed submissions and missing documents and reject applications that don‘t meet standards. We‘ll make the rules very clear and we will take questions if you are unsure about the process, but once submissions are open it‘s important to get it right. In past years we‘ve spent quite a bit of time going back and forth with some candiates to provide ultimate fairness and make sure everyone who qualifies gets on the ballot. Quite frankly it hasn‘t made any difference to who gets on the CSM and it stands to reason that serious candidates who have what it takes to be a CSM member, will come from the pool of people who get the application right, especially after we‘ve stressed the urgency.
To be eligible for the CSM, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Your account must be older than 60 days at the time candidacy applications close.
- Characters on both Alpha and Omega accounts are eligible to run.
- You must have a history of honoring the EULA and the Terms of Service. We will screen every applicant thoroughly and EULA/TOS violations on your record can result in a rejected application.
- Your account must have updated and correct information at the time of your application. This includes; your real life name, correct date of birth and the same email you use to submit your application. To view and edit this information go to the account management website.
- Candidates must have reached 18 years of age. If the legal adult age in your home country (the age at which you have the legal capacity to enter into a contract) is higher than 18, that number applies instead.
- As an applicant, you must consent to provide your personal details to CCP, including your real name and a copy of your passport. CCP needs to affirm your real life identity for NDA contract purposes and the ability to travel to summits in Iceland is a key function of the CSM.
- If you do not currently have a valid passport, we will accept a picture/scan of a valid and approved passport application accompanied with a picture of your driver‘s license.
- You must consent to sharing your country of origin with the EVE Community and having it displayed on the EVE Online website. You will not be required to share any other personal information with the EVE community.
- If you are running as an „alt“ and you control a character that has a reputation in the EVE universe, CCP may require you to run under that identity at its full discretion.
*All personal data will be handled in accordance with law and deleted after the election
How to apply
There are two steps to applying:
- Fill in the application form (link will be provided in a follow up news item when candicay opens) between 12:00 AM on March 26 and 12:00 AM on March 30th. The form will return a confirmation if the application goes through. Beware session time-outs and make sure to save your text in a document. If you don‘t get a confirmation, re-enter the information and try again. If your application already went through, the website will inform you of that.
- Submit your document scans/pictures to email@example.com in high-quality with the subject „
CSM 13 application“ Both these steps need to be completed within the submission window. Applications filed outside this window or without valid documents will be rejected.
Extra tips: • Applications cannot be edited after you submit them so make sure your information is correct! • Once your application has been submitted, you are encouraged to create a campaign thread in this forum section.