Patch Notes for March 2020 Release
The following page will list patch notes for the March 2020. All subsequent point releases will be temporarily highlighted on top and added to the complete patch notes list below. The updates will also be tracked in the official forum thread.
Initial Release Date: 10/03/2020
Last Update: 26/03/2020
Features & Changes
- Common naming restrictions reapplied to user supplied names.
Audio & Graphics:
- Fixed missing Atmosphere Audio in the Jita IV-4 hangar and other Caldari hangars.
Full Patch Notes For March 2020 Release
Features & Changes
Changes to Faction Warfare: (24/03/2020)
- Faction Warfare complex Acceleration Gate will give a Suspect Flag if activated by non-Faction Warfare Capsuleer.
- In such cases, the Safety setting must be to Partial or No Safety (orange or red) to activate the gate. When safety is Full (green) the gate cannot be activated.
- FW participants will be able to activate the acceleration gates without penalty.
- Faction Warfare Acceleration Gates have an increased activation range allowing for activation at 90km radius
- Adding a new 5th tier of Faction Warfare sites, and renaming the 'Large' tier:
- Large Compounds are now (Faction) Open Compounds
- Large Strongholds are now (Faction) Open Strongholds
- Added a new tier of sites. These sites have gate restrictions that allow only Battleship sized and smaller ships
- The new Battleship Complexes are named (Faction) Large Outpost
- The progression in tiers is now:
- Novice (unchanged)
- Small (unchanged)
- Medium (unchanged)
- Large (new Battleship tier)
- Open (formerly "Large")
- Loyalty Point payouts for Faction Warfare PVP kills have been given a fixed increase, and no longer linked to the warzone tier multiplier. The LP payout rate is now fixed at approximately the same level as it previously was when the attacker held tier 5 warzone control.
- Loyalty Point payouts for Faction Warfare missions have been reduced by approximately 30%
- Increasing Warp speed for all ships in Low Security system by 2AU/s. Active until 6 April. (24/03/2020)
- Update to the textures and shaders associated with moons. Moons will have higher resolution textures and updated shaders.
- Added a circle of perimeter lights around Acceleration Gates to show activation range (24/03/2020)
- Added a circle of perimeter lights around Faction Warfare capture beacons, showing the capture range and capture status. These lights will change color depending on the beacon's capture state: (24/03/2020)
- Green - Being Captured by Defending Faction
- Orange - Contested
- Red - Being Captured by Attacking Faction
- Significant changes to the fees for updating market orders have been implemented as described in Broker Relations devblog.
- Updated all existing "Market Tax" structure ACL settings to a new mandatory minimum of 1%
- When charging fees for creating/modifying an order in an Upwell structure, half of the fee will go to the structure owner the other half will go to an NPC as an ISK sink
- When creating/updating a market order, the price will now always be rounded to a tick level with a maximum of 4 significant figures
- When modifying a market order the fee now includes an extra "Relist Fee" component, which is dependent on the new order price (not just the difference between new and old prices):
- BR is the character's effective Broker Fee rate at the station/structure (factoring in skills/standing/settings as appropriate)
- RD is the character's Relist Discount rate (factoring in Advanced Broker Relations skill)
- Fee to create a new order at price P (this is unchanged):
- Fee = BR * price
- Fee to modify an existing order, changing price from P1 to P2:
- Fee = max(0, BR (P2 - P1)) + (1 - RD) BR * P2
- The Margin Trading skill has changed its name and function. It is now called "Advanced Broker Relations". This skill will increase the Relist Discount rate, from 50% at level 0 (untrained) to 75% at level 5.
- The skill rank is unchanged (rank 3). An additional requirement of Broker Relations level 4 has been added. Characters who already have Advanced Broker Relations but do not have this new requirement will still be able to train and use Advanced Broker Relations.
- The skill no longer allows Want-To-Buy orders to be created with anything less than 100% escrow. Existing <100% escrow orders will remain until they expire/complete, but they cannot be created/extended any more.
Performed Capacitor Booster Module Tiericide
Module name changes:
- Micro Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I renamed to 'Seed' Micro Capacitor Booster I
- Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I renamed to Small F-RX Compact Capacitor Booster
- Medium Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I renamed to Medium F-RX Compact Capacitor Booster
- Heavy Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I renamed to Heavy F-RX Compact Capacitor Booster
- Micro Brief Capacitor Overcharge I converted to 'Seed' Micro Capacitor Booster I
- Micro Tapered Capacitor Infusion I converted to 'Seed' Micro Capacitor Booster I
- Micro F-RX Prototype Capacitor Boost converted to 'Seed' Micro Capacitor Booster I
- Micro Capacitor Booster I converted to 'Seed' Micro Capacitor Booster I
- Micro Capacitor Booster II converted to 'Seed' Micro Capacitor Booster I
- Ammatar Navy Micro Capacitor Booster converted to 'Seed' Micro Capacitor Booster I
- Dark Blood Micro Capacitor Booster converted to 'Seed' Micro Capacitor Booster I
- True Sansha Micro Capacitor Booster converted to 'Seed' Micro Capacitor Booster I
- Imperial Navy Micro Capacitor Booster converted to 'Seed' Micro Capacitor Booster I
- Small Brief Capacitor Overcharge I converted to Small F-RX Compact Capacitor Booster
- Small Tapered Capacitor Infusion I converted to Small F-RX Compact Capacitor Booster
- Small F-RX Prototype Capacitor Boost converted to Small F-RX Compact Capacitor Booster
- Medium Brief Capacitor Overcharge I converted to Medium F-RX Compact Capacitor Booster
- Medium Tapered Capacitor Infusion I converted to Medium F-RX Compact Capacitor Booster
- Medium F-RX Prototype Capacitor Boost converted to Medium F-RX Compact Capacitor Booster
- Heavy Brief Capacitor Overcharge I converted to Heavy F-RX Compact Capacitor Booster
- Heavy Tapered Capacitor Infusion I converted to Heavy F-RX Compact Capacitor Booster
- Heavy F-RX Prototype Capacitor Boost converted to Heavy F-RX Compact Capacitor Booster
All market orders for the affected modules will be removed, the modules and escrow will be returned to the character who created the order.
We will convert every module of one type into modules of another type, everywhere in the database. This includes modules currently fit to ships and modules in containers or contracts.
New attributes for changed modules:
- 'Seed' Micro Capacitor Booster I - CPU: 8, PG: 3, Capacity: 10(+2), Duration: 12.75(+0.75), Heat Damage: 5.3
- Small F-RX Compact Capacitor Booster - CPU: 12(-3), PG: 5, Capacity: 12, Duration: 12.75(+0.75), Heat Damage: 5.7(+0.4)
- Small 'Siesta' Capacitor Booster - CPU: 11(-2), PG: 5, Capacity: 12, Duration: 13.5, Heat Damage: 6
- Medium F-RX Compact Capacitor Booster - CPU: 20(-5), PG: 135(-15), Capacity: 32, Duration: 12.75(+0.75), Heat Damage: 4.3(+0.3)
- 'Harness' Medium Capacitor Booster I - CPU: 25, PG: 128(-22), Capacity: 32, Duration: 15, Heat Damage: 5
- Medium 'Gattotte' Capacitor Booster - CPU: 19(-2), PG: 135, Capacity: 32, Duration: 13.5, Heat Damage: 4.5
- Heavy Capacitor Booster I - CPU: 40, PG: 1750, Capacity: 128, Duration: 15, Heat Damage: 4(-1)
- Heavy F-RX Compact Capacitor Booster - CPU: 32(-8), PG: 1575(-175), Capacity: 128, Duration: 12.75(+0.75), Heat Damage: 3.4(+0.2)
- 'Plough' Heavy Capacitor Booster I - CPU: 40, PG: 1490(-260), Capacity: 128, Duration: 15, Heat Damage: 4
- Heavy 'Brave' Capacitor Booster - CPU: 30(-4), PG: 1575, Capacity: 128, Duration: 13.5, Heat Damage: 3.6
Meta Level changes:
- Named Meta 1-4 to Meta 1
- Storyline Meta 7 to Meta 6
- Faction Meta 7 to Meta 8
- Officer Meta 12 to Meta 13
- Officer Meta 13 to Meta 15
- Officer Meta 14 to Meta 17
- Savior Implant Blueprints have been added to Angel Cartel loyalty point stores and loot tables
- The "Skilling is a Means..." event has begun! During this event players will receive bonus Skillpoints for their first PvP kill against a vessel of frigate size or larger each day. (12/03/2020)
- If a war ends because the attacking Corporation/Alliance fails to pay their War Declaration bill, a forced peace treaty for 14 days is triggered. This will prevent the attackers from re-declaring another war against the same target. (24/03/2020)
- A second daily challenge has been added to the "Skilling is just a means" event that rewards skill points each day for the destruction of one of the NPCs defending a factional warfare capture site. This extra challenge will be available daily until 6 April, at which point the "Skilling is just a means" event will return to having a single challenge per day. (24/03/2020)
- The Loot drop chance has been increased to 90% in Low Security space. Active until 6 April. (24/03/2020)
- Common naming restrictions reapplied to user supplied names. (26/03/2020)
Missions & NPCs:
- Added three new Lvl 2 missions.
- Reduced the mining efficiency of NPC Mining Fleets. (24/03/2020)
- Adding the Frigate Escape Bay to Battleships, Marauders, and Black Ops. Click here for more information. (24/03/2020)
- Adjusted the signature radius and max velocity of some tutorial NPCs to provide a better experience for all of the faction's corvettes (18/03/2020)
- Aura's portrait has been replaced with the concord logo in the tutorial section of the Agency (18/03/2020)
- For a limited time, we will be performing a test in which 50% of new users will receive an updated version of the Tutorial: (18/03/2020)
- New capsuleers will start in a new calmer setting before being asked to travel to the first tutorial site
- The interface will be gradually revealed and introduced as the tutorial progresses
- Updated flow of tasks within the tutorial
- Upon entering the sites of the first three tutorial missions, the camera will automatically focus on the site's key objectives
- Updated tutorial storyline text to provide a clearer purpose to the players actions
- Updated Aura conversations in the tutorial – now with added sass!
Structures & Deployables:
- Hull Reinforcement Duration for War Headquarters structures reduced to 24 hours (down from 4.5 days). This is intended to give defenders a realistic chance of taking down the HQ within 7 days. (24/03/2020)
- A 'Collapse all' button has been added to the Regional Market window, Asset window, and Bookmark window.
- Updated the tooltip text for the "Skilling is just a means" daily challenge to make it clear that the challenge requires you to achieve top damage on a PvP kill. (13/03/2020)
Third Party Developers
Static Data Exports (SDE):
- Removed a yaml that was incorrectly added to the SDE thus breaking its generation (25/03/2020)
- Fixed issue with the mission "Shipyard Theft" which occasionally didn't drop mission items
- Fixed issue that could cause the user to be unable to use the radial or right click menu to control structure fighters.
- Needlejack Filament icons will now be shown correctly (11/03/2020)
- The Rapid Repair and Active Shielding command bursts now once again affect capital remote repair modules... once again (11/03/2020)
Audio & Graphics:
- Adjusted the fog intensity in various scenes.
- Fixed issue that caused sun flares to display incorrectly in certain circumstances while using the Tactical Camera.
- Fixed an issue with Stargates particle VFX being modified by nearby player ships.
- Fixed issue that prevented different music tracks from playing in the different tiers and dungeons in abyssal space.
- Fixed issue that displayed Vitalshift EGO SKIN lines on the Guristas Victory SKIN for the Caiman.
- Fix defect where enabling and disabling the "Override dynamic music with Classic EVE music" audio setting was not consistently working.
- Fix defect where enabling and disabling the "Use combat music" audio setting was not consistently working.
- Combat music will now stop playing after the player's capsule has been destroyed and the clone transferred to a station (11/03/2020)
- Fixed missing Atmosphere Audio in the Jita IV-4 hangar and other Caldari hangars. (26/03/2020)
- Removed tiericided modules from variation tabs
- Fixed strings not being translated in corp Wallet UI. (25/03/2020)
- Removed Needlejack Filaments from unintended drops in all Triglavian sites.
- Restricted the in-game log viewer to show only appropriate logs.
- Fixed a rare issue where the help pointers could cause the game to crash when realigning
Text & Descriptions:
- Corrected some minor spelling and grammar issues.
- Fixed an issue which could cause players to get stuck in the tutorial
- Minimizing a window now counts towards the completion of any tutorial task that requires a window to be closed
- Fixed the filtering of shared bookmark folders for the "Admin Access Search", as it was not treating excluded membership correctly
- Fixed an issue where skill points awarded for signing up via a referral link are described as having been purchased in the NES
- Fixed an issue that caused the hamburger menu on the Market Orders window to disappear when merged with other windows
- Fixed an issue where dragging a ship into the fitting screen sometimes does not load fit
- Fixed an issue that caused the 'Congrats' screen which occasionally did not display when seasonal campaign is over for Alpha accounts
- Fixed an issue where pointer anchor for Redeem items had disappeared
- Fixed an issue that caused a momentary appearance and disappearance of an eighth circle in the circles representing turret mount points
- Fixed an issue that prevented using special characters when using typeExact search
- Fixed an issue where Indication text is greyed out after cancelling warp
- Fixed an issue where Timestamp checkbox and Today button can be hidden when resizing Calendar's internal borders
- Fixed an issue where Phrase/Item "Singularity Radiation Convertor" cannot be pasted into multibuy
- Fixed an issue where hovering over the Price Per Unit icon inside the Multibuy window will not show tooltip.
- Fixed an issue where Inventory was missing from pointer window
- Removed a redundant "Save Location" option for Structures and Deployables in Sell Items windows
- Fixed an issue where highlighted numbers could not be deleted or replaced in some fields
- Fixed an issue where setting any number lower than 0 to the Starbase Attack settings would set the value to -10
- Fixed an issue where it was impossible to save values in the in-game calculator
- Fixed an issue where the up arrow would not work when navigating through the history of a text or number field
- Inserting more than 13 characters in character bounty fields no longer fails
- Fixed an issue where a wrong Chat link would be created when dragging from the Chat Channels window (12/03/2020)
- Fixed an issue where Fleet links would not be given the correct name (12/03/2020)
- Fixed an issue where Pointer window links could not be created (12/03/2020)
- Fixed an issue where links to the Agency would fail to open (12/03/2020)
- Fixed an issue that caused the daily challenge info panel to blink intermittently for several minutes after a downtime (13/03/2020)
- Notes in the Notepad can now be deleted again. (18/03/2020)