CSM 16 Elections are approaching!
Greetings honorable citizens of New Eden,
The CSM15 term is slowly coming to an end, but despite not having the pleasure to meet in person, we managed to remain productive by interacting daily via established Slack channels with EVE Online teams and hosting regular meetings with members across the CCP organization to cover topics ranging from new game feature designs, balance, marketing, live operations to reflecting on the past and brainstorming future opportunities.
I want to thank council members for their continuous dedication and all the hard work they do daily when interacting with our fantastic player community.
The 46 meetings that we had, which took a little under 60 hours in total, are only a drop in the ocean of the overall commitment.
Now, we are gearing up for the upcoming 16th democratic elections for the Council of Stellar Management that will look very similar to the process last year.
All the new Capsuleers who might not be familiar with the function and operations of the CSM are encouraged to check out this page for more information before diving into the details below.
CSM16 ELECTIONS TIMELINE
26 April - 12 May - Submission Period
26 April - 14 May - Application Processing
20 May - Live Candidates Announcement
20 May - 4 June - Campaign Period
8-15 June - Voting Period (from 11:00 UTC to 11:00 UTC)
21 June - Live CSM 16 Reveal
Important disclaimer: incorrectly filed or incomplete submissions will be rejected. The rules are very clear, but we are happy to answer any questions if you are unsure about anything regarding the process. You can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for the CSM, applicants must meet the following requirements:
• Your account must be older than 60 days at the time candidacy applications close.
• Characters on both Alpha and Omega accounts are eligible to run.
• You must have a history of honoring the EULA and the Terms of Service. We will screen every applicant thoroughly, and EULA/TOS violations on your record can result in a rejected application.
• You must create a campaign thread in the CSM section on EVE Online forums covering the following questions:
o Your EVE Online story.
o Your areas of expertise. In which areas of the game do you feel you are the most knowledgeable? What qualities set you apart from other candidates?
o Why are you applying for the CSM?
o What can players expect from you?
o You are free to add more information and manage your campaign thread as you see fit, but the above four questions are the bare minimum required from everyone.
• Your account must have updated and correct information at the time of your application. This includes your real-life name, correct date of birth, and the same email you use to submit your application. To view and edit this information go to the account management website.
• Candidates must have reached 18 years of age. If the legal adult age in your home country (the age at which you have the legal capacity to enter into a contract) is higher than 18, that number applies instead.
• As an applicant, you must consent to provide your personal details to CCP, including your real name and a copy of your passport. CCP needs to affirm your real-life identity for NDA contract purposes, and the ability to travel to a summit in Iceland is a key function of the CSM.
• If you do not currently have a valid passport, we will accept a picture/scan of a valid and approved passport application accompanied by a picture of your driver's license.
• You must consent to share your country of origin with the EVE community and display it on the EVE Online website. You will not be required to share any other personal information with the EVE community.
• If you are running as an "alt" and control a character that has a reputation in the EVE universe, CCP may require you to run under that identity at its full discretion.
*All personal data will be handled in accordance with European data protection and processing laws.
HOW TO APPLY
There are three mandatory steps to applying for the CSM 16:
Fill in the application form between 26 April – 12 May. Beware session time-outs that can refresh the page, and make sure to save your text in a document before. If you don't get a confirmation, re-enter the information and try again.
Submit your document scans/pictures to email@example.com in high quality with the subject "CSM 16 application".
Create a forum thread in the CSM section on EVE Online forums. All steps must be completed within the application windows. Remember that applications cannot be edited after you submit them, so triple-check to see if the information entered is correct!
As we are going to be processing the applications throughout the submission period, all applicants will receive an email from the EVE Community Team, confirming their submission went through, and that all the mandatory steps have been completed successfully within a few days.
We look forward to receiving your applications and following all campaigns. At CCP, we feel we are stronger and do a better job of developing and maintaining EVE with the CSM by our side. By banding together with our players with common purpose and resolve, and by communicating with each other in a straightforward manner, we can realize our shared ambitions for the intrepid future of EVE Online.