Patch Notes for Incarna
Patch Notes for Incarna
Released Tuesday, June 21, 2011. The following are the relevant file sizes for client updates:
- Windows from Incursion 1.6.1 to Incarna 1.0 is 757 MB
- Windows full client 4.5 GB
- Mac from Incursion 1.6.1 to Incarna 1.0 is 957 MB
- Mac full client 5.9 GB
Table of Contents
- It is now only possible for one jump bridge to be online in a system at any given time. If two jump bridges are online in the same system when the patch is deployed, one of them will be taken offline. If you try to anchor a jump bridge in a system that already has one jump bridge or more anchored, it will not anchor. No jump bridges will be unanchored by the patch. Players will be able to unanchor their jump bridges that are offlined by the patch.
- Jump bridges will have their storage capacity increased from 10,000m3 to 30,000m3. This is to aid with logistics.
- All players logging into Tranquility will now have to create an avatar. You will not be able to proceed into game without one.
- The Maller, an Amarr cruiser, has had a dramatic makeover and looks fantastic. Go buy one tomorrow and be the envy of all your friends.
- A new 3D user interface has been built to support interaction with Captain's Quarters features.
- The station hangar has been replaced with Captain's Quarters. Capsuleers can now, for the first time, step out of their pod and stretch their legs in their personal quarters. Please check out this dev blog by CCP Zulu for more information.
- Captain's Quarters include the hangar balcony, where one can enjoy a gorgeous view of one's active ship in the hangar.
- The main screen provides information about things happening in the EVE universe, including sovereignty changes, the Interstellar Correspondents News Feed, incursions and more - stay tuned.
- The Captain's Quarters have tools that will make life for the capsuleer much easier, including the agent finder, corporation recruitment, planetary interaction, character re-customization and ship fitting.
- A new camera system was built from the ground up to support avatar movement and various state transitions.
- An extensive avatar movement scheme using Natural Motion's Morpheme has been developed to control your character. This includes an eight directional movement scheme accessible via keyboard controls, click-to-move and mouse movement.
- Separate keyboard shortcuts for Captain's Quarters and flying-in–space, as well as a number of options for customizing the walking-in-station camera, have been added to the ESC menu.
Character Creation and New Player Experience
- New characters now start out in the Captain´s Quarters rather than in space.
- All players are required to customize their characters using the character customization tool. If you have not yet customized your character, you will be prompted to do so prior to entering the game.
- Initial missions and tutorials have been re-designed significantly, both to encompass Incarna gameplay and to make the first few hours in the EVE universe more accessible and instructive.
- Aura has returned! Tutorials include new Aura voice overs and images (in all supported languages) to help pilots get familiar with the basic of EVE gameplay and the EVE Online interface.
- The main screen in one's Captain's Quarters provides relevant information for new and experienced players. You will be able to learn about on career agents, epic arcs, skill training and clones, all while sitting on your Internet space sofa.
- Aura is now an agent, and will be in charge of the new player experience and early tutorials. The previous agents who gave players their first crash course missions have been...retired.
- Various optimizations have been made to the categorization and presentation of tutorials, making it easier for you to find specific lessons.
- Partially completed tutorials can be restarted by accessing the tutorials tab of the help menu (F12).
- Many of the piercings now deform and stretch one's face more naturally.
- The male body shape has been re-sculpted to look more natural. But not too natural...
* Character recustomization is no longer accessible from the character selection screen. The pop-up message offering the option to resculpt a character will now only appear when you enter character customization from in-station.
- EVE's turret system has been completely redesigned. Turrets now have more intricate animations, and are animated in both the hangar and fitting window. You can now preview turrets with the "Show Info" window, even on turrets you don't have the skills to fit or operate.
- The following turret types have been updated: energy weapons, hybrid weapons, projectile weapons, mining lasers (standard, strip, ice and deep core) and gas cloud harvesters.
- Turrets can be previewed in 3-D by clicking on its icon.
- Turret graphics represent the the onlined state of the turret.
- Our new virtual store, the Noble Exchange is now accessible through the Station Services. Goods can be purchased from the Noble Exchange using the new currency called Aurum, and you can sell those goods again on the market for ISK. Please check out this dev blog from CCP Zulu for more information.
A fashionable collection of classic military clothing has been supplied to the marketplace for both male and female characters.
All goods purchased from the Noble Exchange will appear as an item in Items Hangar of your current station.
All purchased clothing items in your current hangar will appear in the Character Creator when you re-customize your character.
All clothing in the Noble Exchange can be previewed on a 3-D mannequin model via Show Info.
- Players can now convert PLEX into Aurum via the Noble Exchange.
- 1 PLEX can be converted into 3500 Aurum at a fixed rate through the Noble Exchange interface. (Multiple PLEX can be converted at the same time).
- Aurum transactions are logged in the wallet journal.
- We are temporarily prohibiting the transfer of Aurum between characters. This is done for the sake of a slower, more secure implementation of the feature while the initial economic impact is being analyzed.
- All clothing in the Noble Exchange can be previewed on a 3-D mannequin model via Show Info.
- Six new generic missions have been added to bolster the mission selection of non-Empire factions.
Technical and Engineering
- Dogma, the process that handles attributes on items and how they are modified, was massively re-engineered. This change shouldn’t affect players or change gameplay in any way but is the groundwork for features in following releases.
- Inventory windows will now re-apply the user's preferred sorting method after executing a "Stack All" command
- Strip miners have an updated beam effect. It is still based on the old effect, only a lot cooler.
- The following ships have a new thruster glow inside the "cone": Scorpion, Maller and Punisher.
- The camera angle when undocking has been changed slightly. This makes the undocking process more visually pleasing.
- SSAO is disabled on all video cards except NVIDIA cards.
- ILR is disabled on Windows XP machines that use ATI GPU’s.
- Depth effects on Macs with ATI cards are disabled.
- Tractor beams and salvagers now have their own turret models.
- Turret icons now correctly represent the look of the turret. Factional variance is also represented.
- MarketOrders - orderID is now a 64-bit integer instead of 32-bit, and typeID is now a 32-bit integer instead of 16-bit.
- WalletTransactions - transactionID is now a 64-bit integer instead of 32-bit. This applies to both char/ and corp/ pages, .csv and .xml.
- MarketOrders should now only return a list of active and non-expired orders.
- If you or your corporation produced more than a certain number of transactions between cache refreshes, the WalletTransactions page will only give you the oldest of those. On the other hand, the API will give you the latest number of transactions and you can page back to get the rest of them.
- Error Throttling – the API will start to throttle third-party applications that generate a high number of preventable errors in a short period of time. This means better quality of service for everyone using the API.
- It is no longer possible to set up a ship to be impervious to scanning while uncloaked.
- All probes can now contribute to a scan result, as opposed to the previous limit of four.
- Several changes have been made for the sake of consistency and style throughout the game.
Corporations and recruitment
- The corporation recruitment has been redesigned, making searching for corporations easier and more fun.
- Searches are now universal rather than by region.
- Corporation searches are now universal rather than by region as before.
- The corporation ad duration has been extended.
- Existing ads must be edited to make use of the new options. Existing ads will not show up in searches until they have been edited.
- You are now able to conveniently report suspected bots by accessing the context menu on a character’s information window. A future dev blog will introduce this feature further.
- The number of jamming NPCs in over 75 Caldari and Gurista sites has been re-balanced. Please warp into danger to find out more.
- Over 100 deadspace and mission sites have been fixed so now they don't complete unless the required item has been successfully removed.
- Scenery randomization triggers in 50 exploration sites have been fixed so they don't go off more than once in cases where multiple players enter the site.
- Four mining missions were previously available to some pirate factions. They are now available to all factions of flexible morals. They are: “Oh, the Augumene!,” “Mercium Belt,” “I Don't Ask,” and “Like Drones to a Cloud.”
- Classic DED complex messages have been updated.
- The full offline installer will now be presented in the form of three files. Two 2 GB payloads (7 zip archives), and the installer executable file. This is because the total client payload has exceeded 4 GB, which is the limit for self extracting archives for Windows installs.
- Client start up mechanics have been improved to heavily reduce black screening issues.
Need for speed
- Grouped-weapons have been optimized to further increase their performance gain compared to ungrouped weapons.
- Improved the way that the names of channel participants are retrieved. Previously it was causing increased wait times under heavy load which affected cross-node session changes.
- Communication overhead between certain server components has been reduced to improve performance. Please check out this Dev Blog for more information.
- The server-to-client physics update message is now more efficient both in size and in processing power.
- Code optimizations have been made on the character creator to make changing your looks faster and smoother.
- Fixed an issue in that would cause the client to start slowly. Now we know why it is called need for speed.
- The Cormorant was missing its blinking lights. This has now been fixed.
- Tech II ship names now show the name, role, and hull on their descriptions.
- The planetary commodities hold of the Primae has been upgraded to allow the transport of planetary raw materials.
- The Devoter was not shown with the correct Viziam color scheme. This has now been fixed.
- There was an error in turret slot allocation on the Armageddon Battleship. With the new turret system, players are now free to place their turrets in whatever high slot they desire. Number of turret slots has not been changed for this ship and remain as 7 turrets in 8 high slots.
- The Abaddon battleship had off center turret locators. This has been fixed in the new turret system.
- Fixed exception that was generated when a player unfits a module in the fitting window when the reprocessing window is also open.
- An issue that occurred when modules that were being repaired with nanite paste could get stuck in a repair cycle has been fixed.
- Mining drones now return to the drone bay, if that option is selected, after completing their cycle. Previously they would return to the ship but remain outside in an idle state.
- Drones now remain in their groups every time the client is restarted. Previously they would sometimes be in the drone bay but no longer be in the group.
- Drones now take area-of-effect damage from mission entities.
- Drones will now attack upgrade platforms for outposts when instructed to do so.
- Sentry drones such as Garde, Curator and Warden were missing their firing animations. Thanks to the new turret system we can now witness their destructive power.
Weapons & Ammunition
- The description of the Lockbreaker Bomb has been updated to accurately reflect that it is chance-based, not absolute.
- Missiles have been added to the Guristas LP store including Guristas Catastrophe Citadel Cruise Missile, Guristas Rajas Citadel Cruise Missile, Guristas Sol Citadel Cruise Missile and Guristas Thunar Citadel Cruise Missile.
Boosters and Implants
- An issue was fixed where skill requirements for top tier implants were too low. The skill requirements for implants now correctly reflect the benefits they offer players.
- The description of rigging skills has been changed to eliminate any reference to subsystems.
- Unallocated skill points display the first time that the character sheet is opened.
EVE Voice, Mail & Chat
- Sounds will not become muted when another player talks via EVE Voice and the related options are disabled.
Market & Contracts
- The correct station image will now appear when examining the destination of a courier contract.
Science & Industry
- Fixed an issue that allowed a reaction blueprint to be installed in an onlining reactor array. Now a reaction blueprint can only be installed in an offline reactor array.
- Planetary Interaction extractors cycles will no longer reset to 96h after downtime. Previously this could occur if they had been running during the deployment of Incursion 1.1.0
- Manufacturing jobs can be correctly started from remote corporate hangars.
- Fixed a defect preventing users from manufacturing a blueprint selected through the Science & Industry window.
Starbases, Outposts and Stations
- Outpost owners are now correctly notified about who is attacking their outpost.
- An issue with Ship Maintenance Arrays which resulted in your ship left floating in space has been fixed.
- Onlined structures at maximum control range will now stay online at server startup.
- Fixed an exception that was generated when the user attempted to shoot their own control tower with a heavy missile battery. In line with the other weapons batteries the user can now target and shoot their own control tower.
- It is again possible to move partial stacks of ammunition out of starbase batteries.
Agents & Missions
- Agents in stations are now listed in alphabetical order.
- The mission 'Mining Misappropriation' has had its rewards rebalanced.
- Research & Development missions no longer offer the option to share rewards with fleet members on completion.
- Declining or quitting a mission from a research agent will no longer incur a standings hit.
- Highlighted warning text alerting players of a certain threat has been included in the mission description for the mission 'Glue'.
- The Mission 'Gas Injections' has had it's briefing updated to be more accurate.
- The mission 'Cleaning House' has had its end boss changed so that it should now be more realistic to complete.
- The mission, 'Small Misunderstanding (3 of 3)' has had its objectives clarified in the briefing.
- The mission 'Construction Blocks (2 of 4)', has had it's briefing corrected to mention the correct number of goods required.
- The mission 'Undue Attention - Closing the gate (3 of 3)', has had its gate restrictions updated to be in line with the briefing.
- The mission 'The Anomaly (1 of 3)', no longer consumes the gate key unduly.
- Sites requiring both Salvager and Analyzer modules now make it clear that both will be required to access all containers.
- The 'War Situation' courier mission series has been re-named to 'Tidings of Conflict'.
- Sites in the epic arc 'Blood Stained Stars' have had the number of ECM NPCs reduced for the sake of better balance.
- The Mission 'Fear of Angels' in the Angel Epic arc has had its gate restrictions adjusted to be in line with the other missions in the series.
- The Missing Reporters - Caldari Smugglers (1 of 3), has had its completion criteria adjusted so that it will no longer be possible to reach an non-completable state.
- The following missions have had their completion criteria adjusted so that they should no longer be un-completable under any circumstances:
- Delving into the Past (1 of 3)
- Augumene Allergen (5 of 5)
- Wacky AI (1 of 2)
- Worlds Collide
- The Celestial Imperative (3 of 5)
- Harvesters Misfortune (2 of 2)
- The Insorum Hijacking
- Beizan Picholen (1 of 6)
- Tomb of the Unknown Soldiers
- Pilgrim - Temple (5 of 5)
- An issue with the right click functionality on Faction icons in the mission interface has been fixed. It will no longer direct players to the contract search.
- Missions that have been offered but not accepted will now show the correct expiration date of the offer.
Exploration, Deadspace and Incursions
- The Outgrowth Rogue Drone Hive has had its gate restrictions updated to be more consistent.
- Ihe Incursion site, Override Transfer Array, has been adjusted so that all NPCs warp away and despawn once the site has been completed.
- The Incursion site, Override Transfer Array, now correctly instructs pilots to hack into the arrays rather than destroy them.
- When all enemies are destroyed in the second room of the Blood Raider Prison Camp it will no longer generate exceptions.
- The Gurista Pirates cosmic signature, The Maze, has been adjusted to be easier to navigate and less cluttered. No one like clutter, especially space clutter.
- The journal will now update correctly on completion of an Incursion site.
- NPCs will now correctly aggress a decloaking ship.
- Factional Warfare NPCs now care about defending against their allies enemies.
- NPC Haruo Wako has had his loot tables updated.
- The laser effect on Sansha Misshapen NPC was not aligned correctly with the turret. The new turret system takes care of this problem.
Corporation & Alliance
- War bills are correctly attributed in the wallet journal.
- Fixed the word filtering in the medal creation process so that you can now create non-offensive decorations.
- Adverts will now update instantly in the 'My Corporation' field of the Recruitment tab following creation./li>
- Fixed an issue where Engine boosters were being cut off at extreme zoom-in levels.
- New turret system eliminated the problem where players would sometimes see a mining laser even after they warped away from the asteroid.
- The sleipnir was showing strange firing effects with some autocannons. The new turret system has taken care of this.
- Some corporation logos had lost their gradient background. This is now fixed.
Character Creation and New Player Experience
- The wording in the Contracts tutorial has been changed to make it explicit that you can only have one outstanding contract unless you train the relevant skills.
- Incorrect reference to ´Loan´contracts has been removed from the tutorial.
- The 'Racial Weapon' tutorials were incorrectly using the plural form to indicate the Description tab. This has been corrected.
- An issue that occurred during character creation whilst using low end SM3 graphics cards has been fixed.
- A grammatical description in the 'Warp Disruptors and Warp Scramblers' tutorial has been fixed.
- An issue with the text in the ancestry description for the Amarr, Ni-Kunni, Navy Veterans has been fixed
- A grammatical error in the 'Reprocessing Plant' welcome page has been fixed.
- An issue with the character sculpting sound effect has been fixed.
- Available Mid Layer clothing items are now selected during a clothing randomize.
- Non Race specific 'neutral' music now plays before a Race has been selected.
- An issue with portraits being shared between two new characters has been fixed.
- A tucking issue that caused ankle deformation on the character model has been fixed.
- The "Jump to" functionality on tutorial windows has been removed.
- The correct image now displays in page 2 of 4 of the "Basic Combat' tutorial.
- The proper text is now displayed in the Caldari NPE epic arc mission 3. This was previously missing an item and drop off location.
- The correct standings will now be applied when completing missions in the NPE Epic Arc.
- Completing the first mission of the Minmatar NPE Epic Arc will result in the correct rookie ship being given as the mission reward.
- The 'Fitting your Ship' tutorial part 13 will now award a Small Shield Booster I rather than a Small Armor Repairer I.
- Players will now successfully complete mission 3 of the Minmatar NPE epic arc when turning in the mission objective to their agent.
- A grammatical error has been corrected 'Your Next Mission', tutorial 12.
- Tutorials will now disappear when entering character recustomization via the station services icon or the captains quarters mirror, and will reappear upon exit.
- When choosing a random hairstyle in the character recustomization screen the change to eyebrows will be reflected in the UI.
- Some extensive optimizations of hair simulation have been done
- Female avatar seating animation fixed.
- An issue was fixed where seams were incorrectly displayed.
- The camera will no longer get stuck to the mouse cursor when separating or combining UI windows.
- You are no longer accused of stealing when stacking or moving items in the same jet-can.
- Ship now displays correct information when "Show Info" is selected.
- The message displayed when sending drones to attack target out of their control range has been changed to reference the correct target. Previously the target was incorrectly described as the drone itself.
- Progress bar description when looking up DED deadspace complexes has been amended to correctly reflect the data selected.
- Fixed an incorrect error message displayed when a player with maximum number of probes out, and no lost probes in system, initiated action to reconnect to lost probes.
- Insurance now shows up in the Station Services tab of Naval Space Stations. Previously it was not listed despite the station offering the service.
- Aura will no longer tell you two things at the same time when you attempt to dock while cloaked.
- Fixed an issue that occurred when fitting a Tengu with an identical module to one already installed. pressing cancel on the confirm dialog fitted the module.
- Default width of the Planetary Customs Office was expanded to prevent the info icon from obscuring the quantity column.
- The Certification Planner now displays skills completed, using unallocated skill points, without the need to refresh the window.
- Skill queue now properly notifies you if you have another character on the same account already training a skill.
- Fixed a UI issue where items could be removed from an offlined POS structure's cargo. Previously this was possible if the window was open prior to the structure going offline.
- The fitting manager only marks a saved fitting as green, if the skills for the ship itself are trained.
- RP/DAY column in the research tab of the journal now updates when relevant, unallocated skill points are applied.
- Selecting the 'unread' closed envelope icon in the EVE Mail list will now open the mail.
- Ship HUD colours have been tweaked again to make them more discernable.
- The warning message when a pilot ejects from their ship has been changed to remove reference to excess cargo to be ejected.
- Submitting edits to your Corporation URL and Tax Rate no longer requires you to close and re-open the Corporation window to see the changes.
- Inventory windows properly refresh after performing 'stack all'.
- You can now Show Info on titans after being podded.
- Fixed an issue with the 'Open IME' chat window option not working for Korean input.
- Fleet history filter selection is now retained in the event that the fleet window is closed and re-opened.
- Targeting acceleration gates in deadspace locations will no longer be displayed as heavily damaged.
- Sorting items by meta level in the compare tool now works correctly.
- The secure container password window will no longer have overlapping text.
- The ship HUD should no longer freeze under any condition.
- Fixed a problem where the chat window sometimes didn‘t display any text
- You can now board ships directly from a ship assembly array. You can no longer move ships between arrays while in a pod.
- An unknown color error no longer occurs on Character selection
- Fixed an issue where wrecks became unsalvageable if the connection was lost during the first salvage cycle.
- Fixed an instance when sound effects for jump gates would continue to loop based on camera distance.
- Fixed an exception that was generated when the user docks with the 'Destroy Probes' confirmation dialog displaying and then selects Yes.
- Specular reflection map was added to give female forehead jewellery a better visual effect
- A warning message is now displayed when trying to loot contraband items.
- Sound emitters were pointing in the wrong direction in some circumstances for players who listen to EVE in surround sound. This was a result of the work that made EVE right-handed and has now been fixed.
- An issue with making EVE's co-ordinate system Right handed caused bookmark 'thumbtacks' to appear in a flipped location in the solarsystem map when players took their bookmarks from 'People and Places', put them into their cargo holds, and then back to 'People and Places'. This has now been fixed. Thumbtacks re-appear in the correct location if the user logs out and then logs back in.
- The full client installer will stop and warn you that you are unable to install over an existing installation.
- We updated the Slaver Hound description without suffering any bite marks.
Client Update #1 for Incarna 1.0, released June 21, 2011
- This client update addresses several important issues with EVE Online: Incarna 1.0. We strongly urge you to download and install this client update. This update will be presented immediately after you install Incarna 1.0.
Client Update #2 for Incarna 1.0, released June 22, 2011
- Characters can now finish recustomizing while station environment is disabled.
Server changes, released June 22, 2011
- Fixed an issue when loading implants that modify other implants. This would cause them to not show up in the character window and their bonuses were not present. They should now all be back and in working condition.
- Firing a doomsday on a target, which then doesn't die and warps off, will no longer reset the cycle time on Titans.
Client Update #3 for Incarna 1.0, released June 23, 2011
- Boarding your rookie ship will now display the capacitor as intended..
- Fixed a problem where switching interior quality setting to high could result in smoke or flares not showing up.
- An error that was causing the mouse to remain invisible in the Captains Quarters has been fixed.
- An error that was, in rare occasions, causing movement to completely break in the Captains Quarters has been fixed.
- The Main Screen in the Captain's Quarters was occasionally experiencing slow load times, this has been fixed.
- No virtual goods are present on the character in Recustomization after clone jumping.
- Menus of items in the NeX are now consistent and will display correctly.
- Fixed an issue where NPC background audio no longer continues to play after they are destroyed.
- Fixed an issue that caused scroll bars to misbehave when using Show Info.
- Fixed a permissions error with the in-game browser.
- An issue that was causing the log to produce blank results has been resolved.
Server changes, released June 23, 2011
- Drone bonuses will now be correctly applied when boarding a ship at a Ship Maintenance Array.
Starbases, Outposts and Stations
- When you board a ship from a maintenance bay your old ship is put in the bay and not left in space.
Boosters and Implants
- Fixed a problem where Cerebral Accelerators would expire immediately upon consumption.
Weapons & Ammunition
- In some cases scan probes and missiles were not get all bonuses from skills and implants after boarding a ship. This has been fixed.