Frozen Fury in the Proving Grounds!
Warm yourself up during the holiday season in the final Abyssal Proving Ground event of 2021, going all-out in intense free-for-all combat aboard powerful and flexible tech I cruisers, with damage from overheating modules reduced – a red-hot contest in a frost-filled seasonal Proving Arena environment!
This event begins at 1100 UTC on 31 December, and runs until 1100 UTC on 4 January.
The ruleset is as follows:
- Only the Omen, Caracal, Thorax, Stabber, Maller, Moa, Vexor, Rupture, Arbitrator, Blackbird, Celestis, and Bellicose will be permitted to enter the Proving Ground
- Shield rechargers, power relays, flux coils, and purger rigs are restricted
- Limit of one local repair module (shield or armor) per ship
- Afterburner velocity bonus increased by 100%
- Module Overheat damage reduced by 50%
- Fittings restricted to Meta 5 (base tech 2 modules/drones only)
Warm up your weapons, grab your Proving Ground Filaments (available in Abyssal Deadspace caches, in Triglavian wrecks in Pochven, or on the in-game market), and brace yourself for a blistering contrast of hot and cold as you climb the Proving Grounds leaderboards, gaining notoriety and earning special rewards!